HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Last Apprentice forum! Where fans of the Last Apprentice series can come together and discuss anything related to the series. Before you post, have a look at some of the important links below as it may contain useful information about the forum. Otherwise, enjoy your stay here at the Last Apprentice forum. -The staff
Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language) 5 5 5
Share | 

Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thing 1
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 pm

So yeah, this is another project of mine. This is basically a journal of an imperial soldier during the events that take place in Skyrim. I still need to get all of the dates sorted out and do a little editing but I look forward to posting it here. The game belongs to Bethesda, and I do not own any of it. I guess you could say this is a fan fic.

Here is some background info on the religions and Gods of the Elder Scrolls. Sorry I forgot about this.

Eight of the Aedra are worshipped as the Eight Divines, namely Akatosh, Dibella, Arkay, Zenithar, Stendarr, Mara, Kynareth, and Julianos (with the addition of Talos, the human god-hero Tiber Septim, they have become the Nine Divines).[3] These eight represent those who sacrificed parts of themselves to become the founders of Nirn. Other minor spirits disappeared into the stabilizing elements known as the Earthbones, or degenerated into mortal life, after the creation of Mundus caused by Lorkhan's trickery.[4] Since that act at Convention, the identities of the Aedra have changed greatly and become subject to disruption and even modification by the actions of mortals. (this has been copied and pasted from UESP, I did not write this) Nirn is the world the Elder scrolls takes place on.

(this part is C&P as well, they explain it a lot better then I could ever do)

Daedra (/diː.dɹə/ or /deɪ.dɹə/) are a class of divine beings that did not take part in the creation of the Mundus, and thus retain the full breadth of their power.[1] The word is of Aldmeri origin, and it originally means "not our ancestors" as opposed to Aedra-"ancestors".[1] Technically only the plural is written Daedra, but this word is frequently used in singular as well. The proper singular form is "Daedroth", but that has come to refer to a specific species of Daedra.[2] Among humans in particular, these creatures are often mistakenly referred to as demons. Daedric Princes are, in fact, mostly not demonic in the conventional sense of the word. All Daedra do have a penchant for extremes and are therefore capable of tremendous acts of devastation, but only Boethiah, Molag Bal, Mephala, Namira, Mehrunes Dagon and Peryite seem to take genuine pleasure in them.[citation needed] As Daedra are beyond mortal comprehension, they are thought incapable of being truly "good" or "evil" in the mortal sense, and for the most part, their actions and behaviors, as well as their very natures are merely interpreted by mortals as being subjectively evil, as this is how many of the infinite Daedric concepts "transliterate" into the finite mortal world.

Daedra come in many forms. Undoubtedly there are true Daedra, such as the Daedra Princes and highly intelligent Dremora.[3] There are many lesser beings known to be in league with these greater powers, but whether these constitute actual Daedra or if they are simply Daedric creations is unknown.

A Daedroth's physical form can be ruined, but they cannot be truly killed; the soul or Animus of a slain Daedroth returns to the void of Oblivion until it manages to re-coalesce into a physical form again.[3] Slaying a daedra is called "banishment" instead of "death" to reflect this. Daedra are the undisputed masters of craftsmanship, creating seemingly indestructible armors and the mightiest of weapons through dark rituals. Daedric weaponry is forged from the highest quality of raw ebony. The objects get their power from a Daedric soul, forged into the ebony.[citation needed]
Daedric Princes

Daedric Princes (sometimes referred to as "Daedra Lords") are the most powerful of the Daedra, and thus most commonly worshipped as gods.[4] Each has a particular sphere which it is said to govern. Although Daedric Princes may assume a typically masculine or a typically feminine form, they have no inherent gender. They are usually referred to as Princes regardless of what gender they appear most frequently as. In all, there are 17 powerful Princes known to mortals: Azura, Boethiah, Clavicus Vile, Hermaeus Mora, Hircine, Jyggalag, Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Mephala, Meridia, Molag Bal, Namira, Nocturnal, Peryite, Sanguine, Sheogorath, and Vaermina.[5] Technically, Malacath and Meridia are not "true" Daedra. These are beings transformed into Daedra by various unpleasant circumstances. Mehrunes Dagon may or may not be a "true" Daedroth, depending on how much of Nordic mythology one accepts as fact.[6] Each Daedric Prince is said to have his own plane of Oblivion, thus suggesting 16 planes of Oblivion. However, other planes such as the Soul Cairn and the Chimera of Desolation are known to exist, and Daedric Princes are not necessarily limited to one plane.

You do not need to know about the Aedra and Daedra right now, but they will come into play later on.

I will add more notes as they are needed.

Please feel free to critique, I need all the help I can get.

Here it is I guess.

Chapter one: the beginning

Fredas 18 Frost fall 4E 201

I got a long journey ahead of me, going to Skyrim to join the Imperial Legion. Empire I hear is at war with some rebels up there, they call themselves Stormcloaks. Also heard the damned Thalmor do not have a strong grip up there, I look forward to kicking their asses. Land is harsh, but worth it if you ask me.

I last wrote this morning. It has been a long day. I have been riding for 10 hours, can finally see Bruma up ahead, I think I will stop there for the night. Man I am a long way from Cheydinhall.

Frostfall 19 4E 201

At last, Pall pass is just over this ridge, once I pass through it I am in Skyrim. Looks like I am not the only one going to Skyrim. Joined another party, safety in number s right?

Finally here, the gate between Cyrodiil and Skyrim. I.... I will have to continue this another time, looks like we walked into a trap. (the last sentence is written hastily)

Frost fall 21 4E 201

Been an interesting couple of days it has. First Imperial soldiers ambush us, apparently I was traveling with some Storm Cloaks. Wonder what the hell they were doing out side of Skyrim anyway. Well, they loaded us into carts and took us to a small village, Helgan. There things really started to get scary. they set us all up to be executed, would listen to none of us, one guy tried to run, but they shot him. This other guys and I were not on the execution list but the captain said to ignore the list...... damn bitch. Killing innocents she is. By the Gods, I can not believe what happened next. Well I have work to do so I will finish this later.

Killed a few before they put me on the block, then a fucking dragon appeared, I thought they were supposed to be only myths, but no, this one seemed pretty damn real. Every one went running. Was able to get a sword and some armor. I killed the guard captain, I have killed before, but when I killed that bitch, I never felt so good, the blood running down my sword, slowly watching her head fall to the ground. Damn it what is happening to me? I am becoming sadistic. But she deserved it. I spent the rest of that day running around trying to find cover, so now here I am. well better end it here, it is get5ting late, and to day has been hard.

Frost Fall 22 4E 201

Nothing much today, spent the whole day at the tavern, flirting with bar maids, trying to forget about life for a while. Should probably continue tomorrow, just needed to ease my mind today. Hell might take one of those bar maids to keep my bed warm tonight, who knows. One in front of me looks good, I think I will take her.

Frost Fall 23 4E 201

I had a good night. Heard you can join the Imperial legion in Solitude..... Don't know where that is, guess I need to find a map or something, I am sure one of the stores around here sells one.

Got me a map, Solitude is all the way on the other side of the damn province...... I have a long trip ahead of me, I doubt I will be writing much. Can't take the carriage, no gold guess I am walking the whole damn way. On second thought, I think I can get away with stealing a horse just this once. No damn stab;es anywhere, guess I will walk to white run.... better part of a days journey I am guessing. Well better get started.

Last edited by Thing 1 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://animelovers.bestforum.ca/
Thing 1
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 pm

I would like some critique on this chapter before I post the next one. Anything would be greatly appreciated. This is not the first time I have written like this, but it is the first I have gone so far with it, so yeah, this is still like the first time I have tried to do something like this. Last time I tried I went for about two days and then quit (journal days that is).

So yeah, and help questions and comments would be welcome.

I look forward to putting the next piece up after I get some feed back.
Back to top Go down
Thing 1
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 pm

It slipped my mind at first, but here is a map for you guys so you can see everything a bit better.

Hang in there, the next chapter will be up soon.

Edit: better map found
Back to top Go down
The real Brick
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 am

Thing 1 wrote:

Chapter one: the beginning

Fredas 18 Frost fall 4E 201

I got a long journey ahead of me, going to Skyrim to join the Imperial Legion. Empire I hear is at war with some rebels up there, they call themselves Stormcloaks. Also heard the damned Thalmor do not have a strong grip up there, I look forward to kicking their asses. Land is harsh, but the trip is worth it if you ask me.

I last wrote this morning. It has been a long day. I have been riding for 10 hours, can finally see Bruma up ahead, I think I will stop there for the night. Man I am a long way from Cheydinhall.

Frostfall 19 4E 201

At last, Pall pass is just over this ridge, once I pass through it I am in Skyrim. Looks like I am not the only one going to Skyrim. Joined another party, safety in number s right?

Finally here, the gate between Cyrodiil and Skyrim. I.... I will have to continue this another time, looks like we walked into a trap. (the last sentence is written hastily)

Frost fall 21 4E 201

Been an interesting couple of days it has. First Imperial soldiers ambush us, apparently I was traveling with some Storm Cloaks. Wonder what the hell they were doing outside of Skyrim anyway. Well, they loaded us into carts and took us to a small village, Helgan. There things really started to get scary. They set us all up to be executed, would listen to none of us, one guy tried to run, but they shot him. This other guys and I were not on the execution list but the captain said to ignore the list...... damn bitch. Killing innocents she is. By the Gods, I can not believe what happened next. Well I have work to do so I will finish this later.

Killed a few before they put me on the block, then a fucking dragon appeared, I thought they were supposed to be only myths, but no, this one seemed pretty damn real. Every one went running. Was able to get a sword and some armor. I killed the guard captain, I have killed before, but when I killed that bitch, I never felt so good, the blood running down my sword, slowly watching her head fall to the ground. Damn it what is happening to me? I am becoming sadistic. But she deserved it. I spent the rest of that day running around trying to find cover, so now here I am. well better end it here, it is gettting late, and to day has been hard.

Frost Fall 22 4E 201

Nothing much today, spent the whole day at the tavern, flirting with bar maids, trying to forget about life for a while. Should probably continue tomorrow, just needed to ease my mind today. Hell, I might take one of those bar maids to keep my bed warm tonight, who knows. One in front of me looks good, I think I will take her.

I am on the floor laughing at the moment...^

Frost Fall 23 4E 201

I had a good night. Heard you can join the Imperial legion in Solitude..... Don't know where that is, guess I need to find a map or something, I am sure one of the stores around here sells one.

Got me a map, Solitude is all the way on the other side of the damn province...... I have a long trip ahead of me, I doubt I will be writing much. Can't take the carriage, no gold guess I am walking the whole damn way. On second thought, I think I can get away with stealing a horse just this once. No damn stables anywhere, guess I will walk to white run.... better part of a days journey I am guessing. Well better get started.

Overall it was written pretty decent... just being I am not into Skyrim, I don't really appreciate it as much as I would if I knew the terms better. I think you should continue... and some descriptive action or more plot details would be nice.

Bar maids... LOL... you and bar maids...

*ahahahaha*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thing 1
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Chapter 2: Side tracked, Enter the Dark Brotherhood

Frost Fall 25 4E 201

Writing here is sloppy like it was done at a fast pace Interesting trip to say the least. Attacked by bandits several times. Assassin made an attempt on my life. Why the hell I am wanted dead I do not know. I just know the world is full of crazy bastards. Found a note on his body, was sighed by some one named Astrid. Wonder who the hell she is. Poor bastard thought he had the jump on me. He jumped out of the woods behind me, two daggers drawn and went for me. My long sword won the duel.... or massacre more like it. Poor guy never stood a chance. Found a nice bit of gold on his body... not enough to buy a horse or anything, but still a good amount. Also encountered a giant..... I heard they lived up here but I never thought to see one up close. they are 3 times the height of your average man, at least. Some people were fighting it so I decided to help them. They thanked me, and asked if I wanted to join the companions, I said I would think about it. Sounds like the fighters guild from back home, easy way to make some money too. Will end it here for now

Took a rest at the tavern, I really needed it. I am going to see the castle before I head out for solitude. It is more like a big ass house made of wood, biggest one I have ever seen. The view from up on the hill is amazing, you can see for miles. Something tells me this place will be a battle ground... I hope I get to take part in it. I mean this place is in the middle of Skyrim, the Jarl has yet to choose a side. It has a commanding view. If either the stormcloaks or the imperial soldiers get their hands on it, the war will be that much closer to being over. Skyrim Tundra around it looks amazing. I can see all these little forts in the distance.

This lady was talking about the 8 divines, I tried to correct her, tell her that Talos was still a divine as well, but she refused to listen to me...... Thalmor be damned. That damn woman refused to listen to reason, so I got tired of it. I killed her right then and there. Felt good to watch her die, she betrayed the gods and she betray the Empire. I wish I could kill some Thalmor right about now... Guards ran after me like crazy. I was able to get out side the city and steal a horse though. It is a nice bay one too. One the way to Solitude now..... as long as I get out of this damn place.... wonder how big my bounty here is.

What the hell was that about I wonder. I went to sleep and I woke up in an abandoned shack in the middle of a marsh, at mid night. This lady.... turns out her name is Astrid, the one that wanted me dead. She was quite good looking to be honest. Dark brown hair, pale skin, she seemed like a Nord. TO bad she was coverd from head to toe in assassin garb. She said she wanted me to kill one of four people, a Nord an Imperial, a wood elf and a High elf. I went for the High elf..... damned Thalmor. Don't recall exactly what she said to me just that she liked my style and told me a password for a hidden cave, what she called the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary. I am debating weather or not I should meet her over there or not. It is over by Solitude so I guess I can. Got out of the marsh quickly.... damn horse went back to the stable..... guess I should have expected that. I am going to sleep now..... damn lady. Will make it to Solitude in the morning, going to sleep now.

Frost fall 26 4E 201

Finally made it to Solitude.... this is more like home.. stone work, not wooden like every where else it appears. I think the legion can wait.. I am going to check out the Dark Brother hood sanctuary.

Frost fall 30 4E 201.

Damn they really put me to work... had me kill several people already. It is risky but the pay is worth it. They seem to trust me now, so I am finally getting a real contract, not some random person that needs to die. They had me riding all over Skyrim... the sights were amazing though.

First contract is to kill this lady named Garld... apparently she runs a foster home... she is pretty cruel to the children it looks like. I shall enjoy killing this old crone.

Sun's Dusk 2 4E 201

At Riften now... place is supposed to be run by thieves, but they have fallen on hard times..... I hate corruption.... but I guess I am a bit corrupt myself. I killed the Bitch... easy kill to, got behind her and slit her throat.... the children were all overly happy to be rid of her. This one kid was getting annoying told him to back off he did not listen... I put a knife in his heart. I fear I have really changed over the past few weeks. I like this new me though.

Sun's Dusk 5 4E 201

Nothing interesting happened over the last few days, I made it back to the sanctuary to fulfill my contract... got paid 200 gold for it. What sort of sadistic bastard have I become... who cares I like it.

Sun's Dusk 10 4E 201

They sent me killing more random people. Still all across Skyrim. Been a week since I last wrote... long time. Decided to pay off my White run fine... it was only 250 gold, a small price considering how much I make. One interesting thing did happen now that I think about it. Some crazy Clown named Cisciro came to the sanctuary carrying the Mothers casket... I do not like him. He has a high pitched voice and is very annoying.

Sun's Dusk 11 4E 201

Astrid wants me to spy on this Cisciro person... guess I have no choice... she thinks he is planning on betraying the brotherhood.
Back to top Go down
Thing 1
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:18 pm

I apologize for the long wait on this but a lot of stuff came up (college, HW, ETC) so I was not able to work on it all that much. But It was posted on another forum as well, and it was said that ic could work better anumber of ways so I decided to rewrite it and maybe come back to the journal format when I have read something like that and have more experience with it.

So with out further ado, here is the rewritten prologue.

A huge thanks to Liliana/Jet Lag, my editor.

Let me tell you a story. It is one of adventure, of excitement and one of mystery. It is the story of my life.

My life was not all that remarkable to begin with. I was born in the city of Layawiin, a small city located in the swampy delta region of southern Cyrodiil, in a small house near the city wall. Nothing special about it. My mother was the owner of the local pawn shop; my father was a member of the town guard so I was able to learn a bit of sword play from him. By the time I was 15, I was going out on my own. I began to explore a little, maybe go into some ruins from time to time, but never deep enough to encounter the hidden dangers that lurked there. Sometimes I would get into fights with bandits and the like, but nothing I could not handle. Around the time I was 18, things started getting interesting.

I started hearing rumors about civil war and what not in Skyrim. I also heard that the damned Thalmor had a weaker presence up there, so I decided to head to Skyrim and join the Imperial Legion. If there was indeed a civil war going on, they would need every able bodied man and woman they could get. The Empire cannot fight the Thalmor if it keeps breaking apart. What are the Thalmor you may ask? They are the Aldmeri dominion, all the elf races combined... Arrogant bastards they are.

I started my journey to Skyrim the following morning. I remember it like it was yesterday. I woke up earlier than I usually did. The sun was just starting to appear over the city walls, casting strange shadows about the place. I made my way through the empty streets towards the town wall, everyone still asleep in their homes. The air outside the town smelled fresh with the scent of grass. I had everything ready to start my trip north.

Cyrodiil is dotted with many ruins left over from ages past, most of them home to bandits, various undead, and other creatures. I passed many of these ruins on my way north, though I did not dare venture inside of any of them. Several had bandits camped outside of them, but nothing too hard, and I was able to make quick work of them.

The farther north I went, the colder it got. After about two days I reached the town of Bravil, where it was snowing. I stopped here for the night. It felt so good to sleep in an actual bed for once, much better than sleeping on the ground. What was even better was the fact that I got one of the barmaids to share it with me. Now, that was a fun night. The following morning I got up rather late. I had not slept in a bed for two days so I wanted to take my time because I did not know when my next chance I got to sleep in one would be. I gathered my things and went outside in no particular rush. Judging by the position of the sun it was about 10am. I walked to the gate, taking one last look at the peaceful town. Little did I know my life was about to change forever.

I followed the road as it slowly meandered north, towards Pale Pass, one of the many entrances into Skyrim. I went past a stable where I saw a guy in rags stealing a horse. It looked like a tough and rugged animal, brown hair covered it completely save a little white at the tip of its mouth. I would have tried to stop him but I was on foot, he was on horseback; even had I tried, he would have easily been able to out run me. I had no choice but to let him go For the most part, the rest of the journey to Pale Pass was uneventful. I did, however, go past the Pale Pass Fort; they fixed it up quite nicely from the pictures of it I have seen. I remember that about 200 years ago, the fort was lost; everyone had forgotten it even existed. The Champion of Cyrodiil (I wonder if I am related to that badass?), however, rediscovered it in one of his many adventures across the land. This particular quest was for the Lady of Skingard, a city in southern Cyrodiil. I might have to go back to the history books for that, but I don't really give a damn about historical accuracy. Anyway, Pale Pass was rediscovered and soon all the ghosts and undead were purged from the place. Eventually the fort was back in working order and there is was with a full garrison.

There was a light snow falling and a soft wind blowing through the pass. The sun cast long shadows of the soldiers patrolling the ramparts. I swear their armor seemed to glow in the late afternoon sun; it was truly an amazing sight. I continued past the fort and its guards in awe. Towards the far end of the pass, I came across another group of travelers, about seven of them. Each carried a long sword and a shield, though other than that they carried no other arms or armor. With a few exchanged words, we ended up traveling together. It was dusk when we exited the pass. We were about an hour’s walk away from the gate that marked the entrance to Skyrim. We steadily made our way to the gate. It was a massive piece of construction. It had two heavy wooden doors that could be closed to cut off travel. On top of the two heavy doors was a walk way for guards, though it appeared to be empty at the moment. As we started to near it, we received arrow fire from all directions. I drew my sword, thinking this was some ambush set up by bandits. The last thing I expected was to come under attack from Imperial soldiers. I dropped my weapon; there was no way I was going to fight the Imperial legion. Hell, I wanted to join them; that was my whole reason for coming to Skyrim in the first place. The others tried to continue fighting, why, I did not know. I was hit by something from behind; my guess is it was probably a rock. I was out cold, the sound of battle fading before me.
Back to top Go down
Alice's Apprentice
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Please don't double/triple post.

When adding more information, please use the edit button instead!
(Unless another member has replied since your last post)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lastapprenticeseries.forumotion.com Online
Thing 1
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm

I would could I but where those emblems are are all Red "x" in squears, and I do not know exactly how to fix that.
Back to top Go down
Alice's Apprentice
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Thing 1 wrote:
I would could I but where those emblems are are all Red "x" in squears, and I do not know exactly how to fix that.

For the time being, PM an administrator when you are having a problem in the forum and need help instead of posting in the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lastapprenticeseries.forumotion.com Online
ImCoolBeans

PostSubject: Re: Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)   Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:49 pm

The OP is banned.

This thread is locked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jounal of an Imperial Legate (warning my contain spoilers and some foul language)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1